The Manaslu region offers many trekking options. This trek commences from Arughat Bazaar and ceases at Besisahar (starting point of the Annapurna Circuit Trek). The Manaslu trek leads us through the ancient salt–trading route to the steep-sided Budhi Gandaki stream. From Deng, the slopes of ravines ease and views of snow peaks get prodigious. Further, we climb to Lhogaon for the impressive view of Manaslu, with its double peak that is described as "a soaring monarch” with a double-edged summit towering above barley fields.
This path follows through the pine-forested Syala village, which offers the stunning view of horseshoe-shaped peaks, and we finally crash at the village of Samagaon which is located at the foot of Manaslu. Samagaon is a Buddhist religious residence which is home to many monks and nuns. After half a day trek from Samagaon, we reach the village of Samdo. Samdo is the highest village within the Budhi Gandaki depression, settled by Bhotias. This village commands a view of the valley and Pang Phuchi village with a backdrop of Tibetan border. Further moving, we get to the significant secondary vale i.e Larkha La. Cheo Himal, Himlung Himal, and Kang Guru are visible along the route while occasional views of the Annapurna massif makes the trek beautiful. From here, we trek to the meadowland of Bimtang (Bimdakhoti) where the Manaslu massif is clearly visible.
What to expect ?
You can see the impressive view of Manaslu region, Mountains, Peaks, Natural Environment, Hills, Flowers, Flora-Fauna, etc.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport - (1360m.)
On your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will pick you up from the airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
If you wish to comprehend Nepal’s historical and cultural values, sightseeing in Kathmandu valley is crucial. Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal is a popular destination for tourists. This city offers a marvelous combination of mix religion of Hinduism, Buddhism and some imported culture. Kathmandu carries the cultural and religious legacy that can be found at temples, monuments, and artifacts. Patan and Bhaktapur are a neighbor city that reflects a similar legacy. In the half-day tour, you will be guided to Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa. Pashupatinath is a Hindu Shrine where people worship Lord Shiva whereas Boudhanath is the biggest Stupa of Nepal. And for the rest of the day, we will prepare for the trek. You can buy your missing equipment for your trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu (1350M/4429ft) to Arughat (710m/2329ft) about 8 hrs.’ drive
After breakfast, we will drive to Arughat Khol which is approximately 7-8 hours’ drive. We will drive all the way to Dhading Bensi through Kathmandu-Pokhara Highway. Then its 4 hours’ drive to Arughat through the rough road with the scenic view of landscape, villages, rivers, Mt Ganesh Himal and Manaslu.
Overnight in Arughat.
Day 04: Trek from Arughat to Lapubensi (880M/2887 ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start our trek by crossing the bridge and then treks through beautiful Sal forests. We will climb up onto a ridge above the huge white water of Budhi Gandaki and follow a trail blasted out of the straight-up rock to Khorsane (820m). The rocky trail then weaves its systematic up and down from beginning to end of a large position of nettles, passes tropical waterfalls. Then we are again back to the bank of Budhi Gandaki. The trail eventually makes it way down and past a few rice terraces on an abrupt rocky trail around to the Gurung village of LabuBesi.
Overnight in Lapu Bensi.
Day 05: Trek from Labubensi to Dovan (1070M/3510ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D)
After breakfast, the way will climb behind a rocky projection. The trail makes some small ups and downs. Dropping to the sandy stream bed at 860m from LabuBesi and then rising over an aspect ridge brings you to Machha Khola village (900m). After crossing Tharo Khola reaches to Khorla Besi and climbing over a little ridge, we will make another steep climb to Tatopani (930m), which means ‘hot water’. After a continuously climb on a wide, well-crafted staircase over a ridge to will we crash at Dovan.
Overnight in Dovan
Day 06: Trek from Dovan to Jagat (1370M/4494ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will pass through the suspension bridge to cross the Doban Khola. Initially, the route stays low but then climbs on a rugged rocky path to Duman. After climbing some stone stairs, you will reach to Tharo Bharyang. Trekking along the river for a while and climbing through small villages, we will reach Jagat which is a beautiful flagstone village.
Overnight in Jagat.
Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Chiso Pani (1660m/5,445ft): 4-5 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will ascend to the sharp rocky hill to Salleri and Smooth descend hike to Sirdibas. We will continue our trek to Ghatte Khola. We will pass through the long Suspension bridge before climbing up to Philim, a beautiful Gurung village. Walking north, across a forest with the views of the narrow valley, we will reach Chisopani.
Overnight in Chisopani.
Day 08: Trek from Chiso Pani to Chumling (2386M/7828ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will hike till Chumling. The trail passes through the forest of Rhododendron and Pine forest and offers the view of different mountains like Himalchuli and Boudha Himal from Lokpa. Afterward, we will hike down towards the Luangwa River and cross the Siyar River. Finally, we will crash in Chumlung.
Overnight in Chumlung
Day 09: Trek from Chumling to Check Imparo (3031M/9944 ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start the trek to Chokhangparo from Chumling. This trail offers stunning views of Ganesh Himal. We will walk till Chokhangparo which is a big valley with heavy human settlement.
Overnight in Chokhangparo.
Day 10: Trek from Chhekamparo to the Nile (3361M/11026ft)/Chule (3347M/10980 ft) via visiting Milarepa Cave (3260M/10695ft) on the way, 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will build a brief visit to Lamagaon by crossing a rope bridge to the Rachen Gompa from Chokhangparo. Then we will cross the Shiar Khola. After walking through the village like Lar, Phurba, and Pangsun, we will cross the village of Chihuly. Then we climb upstream and cross the bridge to finally arrive at the Nile.
Overnight in Nile.
Day 11: Trek from the Nile to Mu Gompa (3700M/12139ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
This is the region that is close to the Tibetan border. We will walk to the West Bank of the vale through the Tibetan landscapes and then climb up to the Mu Gompa. We also visit the monastery.
Then after, we tend to visit the Dhephu Doma Gompa.
Overnight in Mu Gompa.
Day 12: Hike to Kalung (4180M/13713ft) and back to Rachen Gomba (3240M/106929), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D)
Today we will enjoy sightseeing of Mu Gompa for the rest of the days.
Overnight in Rachen Gomba.
Day 13: Trek from Rachen Gomba to Chumling (2386M/7828ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start to follow the trail to Burgi village through Milarepa cave from Mu Gompa. Ascending to the Milarepa’s Cave, we will reach Burgi village, a small beautiful village. Then we will continue the trek until Chumling.
Overnight in Chumling.
Day 14: Trek from Chumling to Jagat (1340M/4396ft), 5-6 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, ongoing track, we will head towards Jagat from Chumling. A trail passes through the Phillip village that leads to the Ganesh Himal Base Camp.
Overnight in Jagat.
Day 15: Trek from Jagat to Khorla Besi (970M/3182ft), 5-6 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will be hiking from Jagat following the trail of Tatopani and Khola Khola. After walking for some hours we will thrust at Tatopani where we can enjoy the hot spring waterfall. Descending from Tatopani, we will reach Khorla Besi.
Overnight in Khola Besi.
Day 16: Trek from Khorla Besi to Soti Khola (700M/2296ft), 5-6 hrs., (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, enjoying the view from Khorla Besi, we will head back to Soti Khola and this is our last day of the trek.
Overnight in Soti Khola.
Day 17: Drive from Soti Khola to Kathmandu (1350M/4429), 5-6 hrs., (Lodging + B).
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 18: Departure
* B-L-D: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Private transportation: Airport-Hotel-Airport,
- Kathmandu Hotel accommodations (Bed & breakfast), in twin sharing basis
- Bus Kathmandu-Soti Khola-Kathmandu (Yourself & staff),
- Restricted Area Permit: Manaslu & Tsum Valley,
- Manaslu Conservation Area Entry Permit,
- TIMS Permit (Trekker's Information Management System),
- Teahouse (Lodge) accommodation during the trek, on a twin sharing basis
- Tent (recommended to carry),
- Three meals everyday while on the trek: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Experienced English speaking government license holder mountain trekking guide(s),
- Experienced & strong mountain trekking porter(s)
- All programs according to itineraries on full boar
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and other facilities to staff during the trek,
- Farewell dinner at a typical Nepali cultural restaurant,
- All kinds of rescue arrangements,
- All kinds of local and government TAX-VAT etc.
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner) whilst in Kathmandu
- Your Travel-Trekking insurance,
- International airfare,
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected),
- All kind of alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Personal shopping, laundry, trekking equipment, etc.
- Nepal Entry Visa fee,
- Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, an illness which are not under our control,
- Extra Night Accommodation in Kathmandu In- case of Early Arrival, Late Departure or Early Return from Trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary,
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned price include section etc.
- Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (approx. USD26 per person)
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Our company representative will meet you at Tribhuvan International Airport, and you will commence the trek from the hotel.
- The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
- Minimum 2 person require to book.
- Price subjected to change if there are more than 2 people in a group.
- We have got other additional programs like Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultralight, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, etc. We can include you these programs on your recent trip on your request.